DSK6XXXHPI Daughtercard Quickstart
- Disconnect power to the DSK.
- Solder the 2-pin male header (supplied with daughtercard) to the
DSK at JP2.
- Install the DSK6XXXHPI daughtercard on the DSK, being sure to mate
the daughtercard connector to the 2-pin header.
- Secure the daughtercard to the DSK using the two M3x5mm screws
(supplied with daughtercard).
- Configure the DSK for an HPI boot. On the 6713 DSK, set DIP switch
SW3-3 ON. On the 6416 DSK, set DIP switches SW3-2 and SW3-3 to ON.
- Connect power to the DSK. The LED on the daughtercard should be
- Do NOT connect the HPI card to the computer yet!
- Download the most recent version of
winDSK6 and install on your
computer. By default, the drivers for the USB and parallel port interfaces are
selected in the installer. Allow the installer to complete.
Basic Functional Checkout
- Connect the DSK6XXXHPI daughtercard to the computer using a USB, serial or
parallel cable as desired. Note that a USB cable must be connected to the
daughtercard USB connector, not the USB connector on the DSK itself.
- Run winDSK6.
- Select the desired DSK and Host Configuration mode for
winDSK6 based on the connection that you are using. See the illustrations below
for suggested winDSK6 settings for each connection type. If you are using a USB
connection, you can verify which COM port the USB connection is mapped to by
opening the Windows Device Manager and finding the CP210x driver entry, as shown
- Click the Get DSK Version button, and a dialog box should
appear reporting the DSK and daughtercard version information.
- Additional information is available in the winDSK6 Help.